Return to menu
- Send an email...
- Due to a mushrooming amount of spam from the nasty little email harvesters I have been forced to make emailing a little more difficult, but not impossible. If you want to send a message, comment or suggestion, click on the following email link but remove NIGERIA from the resulting address.
- Who is J. Cosmo Newbery?
- It is easier to start with who he was. The original JCN was the curator of the Melbourne Museum in the mid to late 1800's. He was also a geologist and did extensive work in outback Australia. There is an Aboriginal community named after him in Western Australia.
- So how did you come to be using his name?
- The founder of the company I used to work for was the assistant curator of the Melbourne Museum under JCN. That is how I heard about him. I thought his name was too good to let disappear and started using it as a nom de plume for my odd letters. Initially I signed my letters as "J. Cosmo Newbery II" but eventually I dropped the "II".
- What does the "J" stand for?
- Who are you?
- By and large I am a sedentary and harmless sort of drudge who gets great pleasure from playing with the written word. (I do feel it only fair to warn you that judicious editing and re-editing, and the absence of any indication of the time taken to produce a light throwaway line means that my letters are totally misleading as to the true, but exceedingly boring, me.)
- Are you going to answer my question?
- Doesn't look like it, does it?